Dried fig jam

Dried Fig Jam
If life give you hard figs make dried fig jam!
That is just what I have done one I’ve received some dried figs that unfortunately were a little bit too hard.
I decided to make some fig jam, That was a very good idea because it’s less sweeter than the jams we buy, and it was also a way to avoid wasting the figs.
It tasted delicious and I will repeat it!
Ingredients:
• 400 g of dried figs
• 2 cups of water
• 170 g of white sugar
• Juice of half a lemon
• One cinnamon stick (optional)

Soak dried figs in boiling water for around 10 minutes so they get pumped up.
Mix sugar and figs in a pot and stir until sugar starts melting.
Add the 2 cups of  water, the cinnamon stick and a few drops of lemon juice.
Let it cook for around 40 minutes in a very low heat.
After 40 minutes they should be soft but if not just use a blender. Blend but leave a few chunks that actually taste very good when you spread the jam on bread or toast.
Store in jars and enjoy.
I also love this with hard cheese like cheddar. This is not too sweet so you can add more sugar or if you prefer you prefer.
I prefer this jam to fresh figs because the dried fruit gives this a bit of smoky flavor.

Popular posts from this blog

Morzine, French Alps:Wedding, flowers and snow

Shakahuka Portuguese edition

Viajar - Poema de António Muñoz Molino